- Single Entry Visas are valid for 6 months and allow a maximum stay of 60 days in Egypt ONLY.
- Multiple Entry Visas are valid for 6 months and allow a collective stay of 90 days in Egypt ONLY.
- A multiple entry visa is valid for one individual passport, and allows the applicant to travel more than once to Egypt, within the 6 months validity.
- Only one visa is required if passport holder has children under 16 years old added to his/her passport.
- Children who have their own passports (including babies) require a visa on their passports. If under 16 and applying without an adult then a letter from the parent or legal guardian is necessary.
- Business visa applications must be submitted with a letter from the Company stating the purpose of the visit,Name and address of the organization to be visited in Egypt.
- No vaccinations are required for tourists travelling from the U.K. to Egypt. Applicants are advised to check with their G.P. for any vaccination recommendations.
- EU & USA Nationals are exempted from registration with the local police.
- Visitors from Egyptian origin or married to Egyptian nationals can obtain a multiple visa free of charge upon providing official proof such as an Egyptian ID or a Marriage Certificate.
- There is a limit of L.E.5,000 and $10,000 or equivalent, on the amount of cash allowed to be carried in or out of Egypt.
- Residency visas can only be applied for and obtained in Egypt.
- Work permits can only be obtained from the local authorities in Egypt, (for further details please check work permits).
- Pets accompanied by passengers travelling to Egypt require a health certificate legalised by the Veterinary authorities in the United Kingdom indicating all required vaccinations have been administered to the pet, especially Rabies. The administered date of vaccinations should not exceed one year and should not be less than one month.
The Egyptian Consulate General in London reserves the right of refusal for any visa application.
All inquiries related to the issuance of Visas should be emailed to:
please dial extensions 229 or 237 when you hear the automated message
Should you require assistance with your trip to Egypt
(not related to visas) please contact the
Egyptian Tourist Office - Tel: 0207 493 5283